The JCC Early Childhood Program welcomes children ages 8 weeks to 6 years old. Our developmentally-appropriate curriculum is designed to encourage social, emotional and physical growth. We support and promote positive feelings about school and instill life-long patterns that reinforce the joys of learning and discovery.
We offer environments that are caring and encourage social interaction. Children are introduced to language arts, science, math, social studies, music and creative movement. Each classroom is arranged in a series of learning centers that foster creativity and independence.
A Tradition of Excellence
The JCC’s Early Childhood Program has welcomed generations of children, building trusting relationships that support each child’s individuality, creativity and potential. We are known for our experienced teachers, small class sizes, research-driven curriculum, specialties and beautiful facilities.
- in respecting children as individuals.
- that friendship and cooperative play enhance a learning environment.
- that the foundation of learning is self-esteem and trust in others.
- that you, as parents, are your child’s first and more important teachers.
A Day in the Life at JCC Preschool
- 8:30-9:30am – Open Play with all centers open and crafts available
- 9:30-10:00am – Morning Meeting, including a lively discussion of the monthly theme, calendar, job chart, songs and a story
- 10:00-10:15am – Wash hands and have snack
- 10:20-10:50am – Gross Motor- we work our large muscles running and climbing, either outside or in the gymnasium
- 10:50-11:00am – Bathroom and wash-up
- 11:00-11:40am - Structured Table Time- For example: We have activities at an art table, math table and a science/sensory center and the children will rotate centers
- 11:40-12:00pm - Story and What-We-Learned-Today discussion
- 12:00-12:20pm - Bathroom and wash-up for lunch
- 12:20-1:00pm - Lunch
- 1:00-2:00pm - Preschool Enrichment Programs, including Swimming, Art, Lego Club, Dance and Sports Rangers
- 2:00-2:45pm - Quiet activities
- 2:45-3:00pm - Bathroom and wash-up
- 3:00-6:00pm - Open Play and outside time
Call for a tour today! We look forward to meeting you and your children.
Early Childhood Center Director